Johnny Jet's Travel Blog

Travel blog featuring best travel sites, travel deals, travel guides, effective travel tips, daily stories with up-to-date travel information, travel pictures, travel webcams. For more, visit my travel portal, www.johnnyjet.com.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WEBSITE OF THE DAY: FearofFlyingPhobia.com

FearofFlyingPhobia.com
I received an email this week from a guy named Rich Pantone in Oregon. He thanked me for my Fear of Flying resources and suggested I add his site: FearofFlyingPhobia.com to the site. I checked out his basic site, which had the fact that one in every three adult Americans has a fear of flying (I used to be one of them). I signed up for his free guide, which promptly arrived in my mailbox (it actually went my SPAM folder). The guide is a 34-page PDF with questions and answers designed for fearful fliers and answered by actual flight crew. He interviewed a number of pilots on subjects like turbulence, engine failure, how do planes stay in the air …There were questions to air traffic controllers, airline mechanics and flight attendants. It’s a quick read and I learned some facts. I knew, for example, that English is the international aviation language but I didn’t know that France was the exception. French controllers will speak English to everyone except Air France flights.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home