Johnny Jet's Travel Blog

Travel blog featuring best travel sites, travel deals, travel guides, effective travel tips, daily stories with up-to-date travel information, travel pictures, travel webcams. For more, visit my travel portal, www.johnnyjet.com.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

WEBSITE OF THE DAY: IMB Live Piracy Map 2009

IMB Live Piracy Map 2009
I just read a story in a popular travel magazine that piracy is rampant – not just off the coast of Somalia, as so many of us know – but all over the world. The source quoted in the article I was reading was the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) so I dug a little further and this is what I found. Their map shows all the piracy and armed robbery incidents reported to the IMB Piracy Reporting Centre during 2009. The exact coordinates are provided but if they are not, they provide estimated positions. Users can zoom in and click on the pointers to view more information about an individual attack. I think it’s important information to know before you book that cruise or, if you’re more adventurous, jump in a sailboat to sail the high seas.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home