Johnny Jet's Travel Blog

Travel blog featuring best travel sites, travel deals, travel guides, effective travel tips, daily stories with up-to-date travel information, travel pictures, travel webcams. For more, visit my travel portal, www.johnnyjet.com.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Volcano & Etihad Airways

Greetings! What a crazy week it has been for air travelers. Who would have ever thought that an unhappy volcano in Iceland would make so many travelers appreciate how lucky we are to have airplanes. I bet most of those who had to jump in cars, trains or boats to get to their final destination, will never take air travel for granted again. I'm sure they also won't be complaining about airfares after the amount of money (and time) they spent on gas, food and lodging to get from point A to point B, which probably took days instead of hours. The ash is affecting my plans, too, and I'm not even sure I'll make it to my next stop tomorrow. For live updates of my travels and pertinent travel information, you can follow me on Twitter. Oh, and since the Icelandic volcano is a serious pain in all of our ashes, I made a helpful resource page to keep us all up to date.

Last week I left off from Brussels, but I didn't tell you that the real reason I was there was to catch an Etihad Airways flight to Abu Dhabi! So if you want to see what it's like to fly the best airline you've never heard of, then come along for the ride. I'm also debuting my first, professionally produced video so please take two minutes to watch and let me know what you think. Be sure to read our newest contributor's piece on the best places to visit to learn about volcanoes and other forces of nature. And if you want to release some more steam, check out David Zuchowski's story on Calgary's High Performance Rodeo. Read on... http://www.johnnyjet.com/folder/archive/WheresJohnny04212010.html

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home