LAN Airlines Surprises Patrons at New York Hot Spot Nuela with Round-Trip Tickets to South America
LAN Airlines, South America’s premier airline, has just surprised patrons of New York restaurant Nuela with tickets to the region. Moments ago, close to 200 unsuspecting diners were presented with vouchers that can be redeemed for one roundtrip ticket to such thrilling destinations as Ecuador, Peru, Chile, and Argentina. The airline is celebrating the launch of its “Only in South America” campaign, a multi-year effort to promote leisure travel to the region. The celebration continues online, as LAN Airlines is now hosting an online sweepstakes for consumers to win more tickets.
“Only in South America can you visit the home of Carmenere wine, discover the lost city of Machu Picchu, visit a land untouched by time in the Galapagos Islands and enjoy endless natural, cultural and culinary attractions,” said Pablo Chiozza, Vice President, North America and Caribbean, LAN Airlines. “LAN Airlines and its affiliates offer unparalleled access to South America from their U.S. gateways in Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco. We want to give travelers the chance to see what makes South America, and our service, so special.”
Tonight’s event at Nuela, the South American restaurant located in Manhattan's Flatiron district featuring nuevo latino cuisine, unfolded quickly and with the sparkle and rhythm that evoke the charm of South America. Guests were enjoying signature dishes from Nuela's executive chef Adam Schop (winner of Star Chef's 2011 Rising Star award) including his New York Times touted "best tasting dish of the year" - the arroz con pato (duck paella), when they were suddenly directed to look under their tables for a major surprise. None of these guests had any idea what to expect, but soon enough the news set in: everyone in the restaurant is now holding a voucher for a ticket to any of the many wonders that can be found Only in South America.
"It was a genuine pleasure to see the restaurant full of dinner guests enjoying South American dishes all of a sudden receive the unexpected news that they were getting the chance to travel to where our cuisine originates, just because they were at the right place at the right time," said Chef Schop.
More Chances to Win Online
Consumers who follow LAN Airlines via Twitter (@LANAirlinesUSA) also have a chance to join in this experience. LAN Airlines is offering free tickets to South America through an online giveaway on Twitter via the @LANAirlinesUSA Twitter handle. The sweepstakes ends on October 13, 2011.
Nuela (www.nuelany.com) can be found via Twitter (@nuelanyc) and on Facebook (nuelarestaurant).
LAN Airlines USA Twitter Surprise Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: You have not yet won.
By entering this LAN Airlines USA Twitter Surprise Giveaway (the “Giveaway”), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”). A violation of these Rules shall result in disqualification of the participant and/or winner. All decisions of LAN Airlines regarding this Giveaway are final and binding in all respects.
1. SPONSOR. LAN Airlines S.A., 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 (“LAN Airlines” or “LAN”).
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD. Giveaway begins at 9 pm Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, October 6, 2011 and ends at 6pm Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, October 13, 2011 (“Giveaway Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Giveaway, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Giveaway is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. In order to be eligible, the participant must have Twitter account.
4. HOW TO ENTER. Participants will be invited to participate in the Giveaway via Twitter by retweeting the announced picture posted by the @LANAirlinesUSA Twitter handle showing activities from the surprise event at Nuela restaurant in New York City. A retweet will be considered any tweet mentioning the @LANAirlinesUSA Twitter handle, a link to the photo as posted by @LANAirlinesUSA or the hashtag “#LANsurprise.” Participants will not be allowed to enter the contest through Facebook.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One (1) winner shall be selected by random drawing on Thursday, October 13, 2011and the winner will be announced on Friday, October 14, 2011. There will be one potential winner. Potential winners will be notified through a direct message on Twitter. The message will request the winner to send a valid email address to coordinate acceptance of prize. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within 24 hours from the time the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Giveaway or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. After five (5) such alternate potential winners have been selected without securing an eligible winner, the prize shall remain un-awarded. Upon contacting potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Giveaway, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Giveaway.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. One (1) winner will receive the Prize of two economy class roundtrip tickets on LAN Airlines or its affiliates, LAN Peru S.A. or LAN Argentina S.A., from MIAMI, FL; LOS ANGELES, CA; NEW YORK, NY; or SAN FRANCISCO, CA to any destination where the mentioned carriers operate to South America. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $2,500.00. Roundtrip tickets must be used between November 15, 2011 and October 30, 2012, except on blackout dates: from South America to North America, Nov. 13-Dec. 21, 2011, and Jan. 1-15, 2012; from North America to South America, Dec. 14-23, 2011. Tickets must be requested at least six weeks before the date of departure. No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes herein mentioned or that might be selected by the winner(s). All of Sponsor’s or its affiliate carriers’ tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, not on any code-share flights not operated by the mentioned carriers. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsor. The Prize tickets will not be considered for LANPASS classification of any of the LANPASS member categories, or to move from one category to another, and are not include the right to earn kilometers miles in the LANPASS Frequent Flyer Program or with oneworld, or with any other program that might be implemented in the future. There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Giveaway, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods. Tickets will be issued to the individuals named by the winner, are not transferable, nor may be negotiated or transferred to another person once issued.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Giveaway depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Giveaway, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), Twitter, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Giveaway, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Giveaway, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Giveaway and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release.
Participants are in no way expected or obligated to provide a positive commentary online about the brand or the contest in exchange for winning free product.
11. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Neither Sponsor nor Twitter are responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Giveaway if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Giveaway, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Giveaway based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (vi) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
12. Sponsor is not responsible for injuries or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise outside the scope of air transportation provided by LAN Airlines or its affiliates. LAN Airlines and its affiliates’ liability is limited in accordance to the terms and conditions of the Contract of Carriage and is subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and other applicable international or domestic rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
13. At the time the trip is made, the winner is responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required. Under no circumstances will Sponsor be responsible for difficulties experienced by the winner as a consequence of not having the necessary valid documentation in due order.
14. Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize. By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Prize.
15. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. Any action or claim related to this Giveaway, shall be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction in Miami-Dade County. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Giveaway and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
LAN Airlines is one of the leading passenger and cargo airlines in Latin America. The Company serves over 70 destinations around the world through an extensive network that offers a complete choice of connections to and from Latin America, while also linking the region to North America, Europe and the South Pacific. Through several code-share arrangements, LAN Airlines and its affiliates also serve 70 additional international destinations. LAN Airlines and its affiliates are leaders in the Chilean and Peruvian domestic markets, and they also have an important presence in the domestic routes of Argentina and Ecuador. Furthermore, in November 2010, LAN acquired AIRES, a Colombia-based airline.
Currently, LAN Airlines and its affiliates operate 126 passenger aircraft. Meanwhile, its cargo subsidiary, LAN CARGO and its affiliates have 14 cargo aircraft. LAN has one of the most modern fleets in the world, which translates into greater efficiency and a significant reduction in CO2 emissions, as proof of its strong commitment to protecting the environment.
LAN is one of the few “Investment Grade” airlines in the world (BBB). The company’s world class quality standards enabled its membership in oneworld™, the global airline alliance which LAN has been a member of for 10 years, and which encompasses the best airlines in the world. For more information please visit www.lan.com or www.oneworldalliance.com.